Thursday, February 3, 2011

Project 52 - Week Five - Obsession

I have quite a few obsessions....my family, my computer, photography and Christian Bale to name a few! But, for this subject I decided to show an obsession that I have had my entire life....the Phillies. I am a baseball fan through and through. I have grown up around it. My dad coached (still does) little league since before I was born. My great grandfather (although I have never met him) was a bartender for the Phillies in the mid 1900s....the stories I heard were amazing! Then, when I was six, in 1980 the Phillies won it all for the first time since they were created in the late 1800's! It hasn't always been easy to be a Phillies fan...they are the losingest sports franchise in history. Lately, things have really turned around and I keep pinching myself!

In 2008 I got to witness live the second championship in their history and even writing this I tear up. I was pregnant (very pregnant) with my second and jumping up and down like a pogo stick. That little man in my belly even had his middle name changed to Cole that amazing October night! My four year old has been to 3 different MLB stadiums (not including Minors) and has seen about 60 games live...even two playoff games.

So, you can see how much the Phillies are in my life!! We have an entire room dedicated to them and I was going to take pictures of that, but I just loved the simplicity of this image! So, there you have it...a book on my Phillies obsession. Did I mention I have a dog named Ashburn (non-Phillies fans - that is for Richie Ashburn - a beloved player and announcer). Enjoy!

Don't forget to check out what Jenifer Eligh obsesses about - She is a fantastic Baby, Newborn & Children's Photographer in Baltimore, MD!!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Cool processing! Nice job!

Haley Brooke said...

I love the texture on this Denise! My hubby is from Philly - needless to say we are huge Philly fans here too!

Laura said...

Love the story as much as the image!

Jeni said...

Love your story, and this image! It does make me want to see the entire room though!

Gail said...

COOL!!!!!

Jenn Swartz said...

Colors and texture on this image are so perfect. Nice job!

Stephanie said...

Love your story behind this, great job!

jules said...

there's nothing like that feeling! love to read that you are so passionate about your team!