Thursday, January 20, 2011

Project 52 - Week Three - Yellow

When you think of the color yellow what comes to mind? For me, it is sunshine, warmth, Coldplay, and my four year old's first official favorite color (he has moved to blue now, lol). This week our assignment was to photograph something yellow. This proved to be quite a challenge for me because the weather has been mainly snow and although I thought of yellow snow, I just couldn't make that creative...who knows maybe someone else can...ha ha.

Anyway, I look out my back window and go figure, a tree with slightly yellow leaves amongst all of the snow. Why hadn't I noticed this before? That is the entire point of this awesome project. To open our eyes to the world around us and get creative with it. So, there you go. Here is my interpretation of Yellow.

Next, make sure to check out the creative Jenifer Eligh, a Baltimore Child, Newborn and Children's Portrait Photographer!

20 comments:

Kristen said...

Pretty!

Laura said...

Oooh! Lovely!

Haley Brooke said...

Beautiful leaves Denise! I wish we had some leaves on our trees here. Spring can't come soon enough!

Jeni said...

Beautiful!

Denise said...

Thanks! That is really the only tree with leaves and I am really not sure what it is. It is hidden in the woods behind our house. I brightened it up to bring out the yellow, but it is still pretty bright among the snow and bare trees.

Cynthia said...

Nice! Too funny about the yellow snow. The thought crossed my mind too =D

Gowshika said...

Really well done for the blog.these are so sweet and pretty!
Family Portraits

Teresa said...

Very pretty!!

Jennifer (aka Romeo and Mae) said...

Beautiful! I'm jealous that you still have leaves, ours have been gone for a long time. :(

Sari Underwood Photography said...

So pretty! Color like that on trees is a rarity here. Love this!

Gail said...

Oh holy heck, this is GORGEOUS!

Anonymous said...

Nice!

Jenn Swartz said...

Perfect yellow! Love how you found it, too.

TOLIVER FAMILY said...

this is beautiful. a perfect fall shot.

Suzanne said...

This is so beautiful! I am really enjoying these challenges too. It does make us stop and think and step outside of ourselves. Great job!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful job, love the picture the leaves are totally gorgeous!

Simply Shauna said...

Lovely, lovely!

Jules said...

just perfect! I would love something this lovely to look out at.

Patricia said...

Beautiful Denise! Lucky to have leaves on the trees....

Staci said...

Gorgeous!